Delray Home Improvement Program
Timing: 2021 – 2024 (if funding remains)
Partner: Local Initiatives Support Corporation Detroit (LISC Detroit)
The Delray Home Improvement Program is a free home repair program for eligible homes or duplexes in the area surrounding the Gordie Howe International Bridge and US Port of Entry construction site in the Delray, Detroit neighborhood. The program represents a $4 million (CDN) investment being delivered as part of the project Community Benefits Plan.
Applications from eligible households are now being accepted.
Successful applicants may receive items from the pre-approved repair/replacement list, based on an assessment of the home, with a per-house cap of $20,000 (USD). Repairs offered include:
- roof repair and/or roof replacement
- window and/or door replacement
- roof insulation and/or wall insulation
- repair or replacement of heating, ventilation, and/or air-conditioning (HVAC) unit.
The program serves residents in the area surrounding the Gordie Howe International Bridge in Delray, Detroit. The program boundaries are:
- Interstate-75 (I-75) to the north
- Clark Avenue/South Clark Street to the east
- South Leigh Street to the west
- West Jefferson Avenue to the south.
Additional Program Information
The Delray Home Improvement Program was included in the project’s Community Benefits Plan based on feedback and requests from the Southwest Detroit community. The project team appreciates the contributions of many local stakeholders that participated in the program’s development.