The Gordie Howe International Bridge team is now accepting applications for the new Delray Home Improvement Program that launched on January 27, 2021, as part of the project Community Benefits Plan. Developed in response to years of community consultation, this inclusive community program, will help eligible residents undertake free home repairs, up to $20,000 (USD) per house, in the neighbourhood surrounding the Gordie Howe International Bridge, US Port of Entry site in Delray, Detroit.
The $4 million (CDN) program is now accepting applications and anticipates actual repairs will begin to take place for successful applicants in spring 2021. The project team has engaged Local Initiatives Support Corporation Detroit (LISC Detroit) to administer the Delray Home Improvement Program throughout 2021-2024, as funding permits.
Depending on each specific property’s needs, the program offers the following repairs:
- Roof repair and/or roof replacement
- Window and/or door replacement
- Roof insulation installation and/or wall insulation installation
- Repair or replacement of heating, ventilation, and/or air-conditioning (HVAC) unit.
Properties located closest to the project site, will have the first opportunity to apply to participate in the program. This includes homes located within:
- Interstate-75 (I-75) to the north,
- Clark Avenue/South Clark Street to the east,
- West End Street to the west, and
- West Jefferson Avenue to the south.
Residents located within this area are encouraged to download an application form from GordieHoweInternationalBridge.com or contact us at 1-844-322-1773 or [email protected] to request an application.
Learn more about this exciting program and the eligibility requirements, here, or contact us directly at the information provided above.