SANDWICH COMMUNITY OFFICE OFFICIALLY OPENS
Windsor, Ontario • Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) officially opened the doors to its Sandwich Community Office today. The office is located in a heritage building at 3201 Sandwich Street in Windsor, Ontario and provides a venue for members of the community and other stakeholders to meet with the Gordie Howe International Bridge project team, ask questions, view plans and gather project-related information.
In March 2019, WDBA opened its Southwest Detroit Community Office at 7744 West Vernor Highway in Detroit, Michigan.
WDBA has spent more than four years establishing relationships with citizens, businesses, organizations and elected officials on both sides of the border.
The community offices, along with a toll-free number for callers from Canada and the US, the project website, a dedicated email address and project social media channels, help the project team serve members of the communities and stakeholders in Windsor and Detroit, and beyond.
There has been significant work underway on the Gordie Howe International Bridge project since the official start of construction in October 2018. Of note is the essential foundational work that has been done in testing construction methods and models to position the construction team for success as they continue to move the project forward. This includes test shaft installation, bridge soffit mockup and wind tunnel testing.
“WDBA is pleased to have an active presence and to be part of the host communities on both sides of the border. We are committed to meeting the unique needs of the Windsor-Detroit communities and to being good neighbours during the construction and operation of the Gordie Howe International Bridge.”
- Bryce Phillips, CEO, Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority
“Bridging North America is a proud member of the Sandwich community and is excited to be here today to celebrate the official opening of the Sandwich Community Office. The bridge project will bring positive social and economic benefits to the area so it's important to be in the heart of this community to engage all of the residents and businesses within it.”
- Aaron Epstein, CEO, Bridging North America
- The Sandwich Community Office is situated in a historic building that previously housed the Sandwich Post Office from 1905 to 2013.
- Office hours for the Sandwich Community Office are:
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Office hours for the Southwest Detroit Community Office are:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (closed first Monday of each month)
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- First Saturday of each month: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Gordie Howe International Bridge project team is also available to callers on our toll-free line from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The toll-free number is 1-844- 322-1773.
About Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority
Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA) is a not-for-profit Canadian Crown corporation created to deliver the Gordie Howe International Bridge project between Windsor, ON and Detroit, MI through a public-private partnership (P3). WDBA is responsible for overseeing and managing the construction and operation of the new crossing. For more information on WDBA visit www.GordieHoweInternationalBridge.com and follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg.
About Bridging North America
Bridging North America (BNA) is comprised of some of the most recognized leaders in the construction/infrastructure industry which includes North American and international companies. BNA partners have significant experience carrying out major infrastructure projects such as the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway in Windsor, Ontario; New Champlain Bridge Corridor in Montreal, Quebec; Autoroute 30 in Montreal, Quebec; Eglinton Crosstown LRT in Toronto, Ontario; Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM) in Montreal, Quebec; Automated People Mover at LAX Airport, California; Harbor Bridge, Corpus Christi, Texas; Tappan Zee Bridge in New York and San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, California.
- 30 -
Gordie Howe International Bridge
Media Relations Team