CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: CANADA
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of February 26, 2024
Construction Activities - Canada
- Starting March 11 2024, Bridging North America will temporarily close Sandwich Street between McKee Road and the intersection of Ojibway Parkway and Sandwich Street. This closure will be in place for approximately six weeks.This closure will allow for crews to construct storm sewer, infill ditches and install the concrete pavement, curbs, sidewalks, driveway aprons, etc. as well as the asphalt pavement for Multi-use Trail.
- The following detour route is in place:
- Sandwich Street southbound traffic will continue southbound on Ojibway Parkway, past the intersection with E.C.Row Expressway, and turn west on Broadway Street. Traffic on E.C. Row Expressway and Ojibway Parkway will be directed to go west on Broadway Street.
- Access to adjacent businesses will be maintained.
- For more information about active road closures, we encourage you to visit the project website at GordieHoweInternationalBridge.com.
Canadian Port of Entry (POE)
- Construction activities remain ongoing for interior and exterior components of the buildings and structures.
- This week, activities include the installation of exterior door frames and doors, elevators, HVAC, wiring and electrical. Installation also continued for stud framing, insulation, Aluminum Composite Material (ACM) panels and drywall.
- Welding of structural steel and canopy work continued, as well as ceiling grid and canopy roof work.
- Taping, priming and painting continued.
- Paving and landscaping continued throughout the Port of Entry.
Canadian Bridge site
- Cap construction continued at anchor pier.
- The Canadian bridge tower has reached its full height of 220 metres/722 feet. The jump form system has been completely removed.
- Installation of main span segment panels continued.
- Stay cable installation work continues.
- Approach and back span activities are ongoing.
- Currently, 50% of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) block work has been completed.