CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: CANADA
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of September 19, 2022
Construction Activities - Canada
Canadian Port of Entry (POE)
- Interior plumbing, electrical, HVAC and fire suppression rough-ins continue for the maintenance building as well as painting, framing of interior partitions and prep work for the roofing installation.
- Underground utility and slab on grade placements continue for the main building as work begins on the roof and framing and block walls on the second and third floors.
- Installation of interior plumbing, electrical, HVAC and fire suppression rough-ins continue for the secondary
inspection building as work begins on the block walls.
- Reinforcing steel and formwork for the pier foundations continue for the secondary inspection canopy.
- Framing and block wall work is now underway as the installation of interior plumbing, electrical, HVAC and fire
suppression rough-ins continue for the client processing building.
- Structural steel erection continues for the primary inspection lane canopy.
- Structural steel work is being completed as underground utility work begins for the tolling building.
- Backfill activities are being completed for the tolling plaza.
- Subdrain work continues in the inbound traffic area.
- Work is underway on the retaining wall and concrete paving at the east gateway.
- Underground utility work is ongoing.
Canadian Bridge site
- Rebar activities continue for the upper cross beam in the transition area of the tower legs.
- The approach and back span activities are ongoing with cross beam rebar installation taking place in the back span and formwork in the approach span.
- Delivery of soffits and edge girders are ongoing.
- 65 precast panels for the deck have been delivered to date.
- Temporary lock up devices are scheduled to arrive next week.