CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: CANADA
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of September 18, 2023
Construction Activities - Canada
- Partial Closure of Sandwich Street between the Essex Terminal Railway easement (ETR) tracks and Chappell Avenue anticipated to start September 5, 2023 for 14 weeks.
- For more information about active road closures, we encourage you to visit the project website at GordieHoweInternationalBridge.com.
Canadian Port of Entry (POE)
- Construction activities remain ongoing for interior and exterior components of the buildings and structures.
- This week, activities include drywall priming and glass fiber reinforced concrete, windowsill and roofing installation. Curtain wall installation and fencing activities have commenced and rebar installation and concrete placement continues, as well
Canadian Bridge site
- Cap construction continued at anchor pier.
- Rebar installation ongoing for tower upper pylon construction.
- Installation of main span segment panels continued.
- Stay cable installation work continues.
- Approach and back span activities are ongoing.