CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: CANADA
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of June 6, 2022
Construction Activities - Canada
Canadian Port of Entry (POE)
- Interior mechanical, plumbing, electrical and HVAC rough-ins continue for the maintenance building, as team begins painting preparations.
- Underground utility work, slab on grade preparations and deck level work continues for the main building.
- Slab on grade preparations continue for the secondary inspection building.
- Slab on grade preparations and roof work continues for the client processing building.
- Excavation for the pier foundations continue for the secondary inspection canopy.
- Structural steel erection continues for the primary inspection lane canopy.
- Waterproofing and backfilling activities continue for the tolling building.
- Work continues on the booth footings for the tolling plaza.
- Surcharge work on the East gateway is ongoing.
Canadian Bridge site
- Rebar activities and the stripping of the soffit slab continue for the upper cross beam.
- Floor beams and redundance girders are being erected for the pier table.
- Concrete, rebar and formwork continue for back span piers.
- Pile driving continues for the approach bridge.
- CanAm steel for the bridge deck and anchor boxes continue to arrive on site.