CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES: CANADA
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GordieHoweBrg, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of May 22, 2023
Construction Activities - Canada
Canadian Port of Entry (POE)
- Main Building: Continued framing, mesh installs and drywall on first, second and third floors. Continued block wall installation in south end. Continued forming and rebar installation in south tower. Completed full roof on Canadian Food Inspection Agency space.
- Primary Inspection Lane Canopy: Continued gutter framing and soffit sub-framing. Commenced Lane Control Sign framing installation.
- Primary Inspection Lane Pavilion: Continued installation of crash blocks in lanes. Foundation walls and piers were completed and cured. Area scrubbed in preparation for structural steel arrival.
- Large Scale Imaging Building: Continued concrete walls for electrical and mechanical rooms.
- Tolling Building: Continued stud framing inside the building. Continued parapet framing.
Canadian Bridge site
- Rebar stitch pours are ongoing and rebar work continues.
- Installation on the deck continues.
- Approach and back span activities are ongoing.
- Stay cable installation work continues.