Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times below may change
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www
Week of January 25, 2021
Michigan Interchange I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures on the following streets for construction activities:
- All lanes on the southbound Service Drive will close between Green Street and Govin Street, beginning Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The closure will be in place for approximately eight months to accommodate for excavation, freeway widening and ramp/embankment construction. Access to Springwells Street businesses and adjacent residential roadways will be available via Green Street to W. Lafayette Blvd and from Springwells Street southbound.
West End Street
- West End Street will be closed between Fort Street and Melville Street, from December 12, 2020, until February 12, 2021. Local traffic and business traffic will have access to West End Street between Norfolk Southern Railroad to Melville Street.
- Traffic on Fort Street, east of Glinnan Street and west of Springwells Street, will be reduced to one lane each for westbound and eastbound traffic from December 12, 2020, until February 12, 2021.
- Springwells Court northbound and southbound will close west of the Lafarge entrance to east of the Springwells Court detour from November 23, 2020, until November 23, 2024.
I-75 Service Drive - NEW
- Junction Street will close at the southbound I-75 Service Drive from January 11 to January 29, 2021.
- Bridging North America will temporarily implement mobile closures on northbound and southbound I-75 Service Drives between Clark Street and Green Street starting January 18 to May 31, 2021, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. as needed. Only one lane will close. Closures will be less than 30 minutes in duration during these timeframes for mobilization and demobilization of equipment activities.
I-75 Northbound - NEW
- The closure of the three right lanes of northbound I-75 from Harbaugh Street to Clark Street will be delayed.
- A single left lane closure on northbound I-75 between Harbaugh Street and Clark Street has been delayed.
- The closure of the three left lanes on northbound I-75 between Harbaugh Street and Clark Street has been delayed.
- There will be temporary mobile closures on I-75 northbound and southbound from Schaefer Avenue to Michigan Avenue beginning October 16, 2020, until April 1, 2021, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed.
- The two right lanes will close on northbound I-75 from Harbaugh Street to Clark Street from January 25, 2021 to January 29, 2021, daily as needed.
I-75 Southbound - NEW
- The closure of the right lane of southbound I-75 between Bagley Avenue and McKinstry Street has been delayed.
- The closure of the left lane of southbound I-75 between Springwells Street and McKinstry has been delayed.
- The closure of the three right lanes from Lansing Street to Springwells Street has been delayed.
- The closure of the three left lanes on southbound I-75 between Lansing Street to Springwells Street has been delayed.
- Two right lanes will close between Clark Street to Springwells Street from February 1, 2021 to February 5, 2021, daily as needed.
Post Street - NEW
- Post Street will close over a long-term period between CSX Railroad and the Delray Mechanical entrance starting at 8 a.m. on February 1, 2021.
Long-Term I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange continues, Bridging North America will temporarily close several streets along the northbound I-75 Service Drive, including Livernois Avenue, Military Street and Cavalry Street, between July 17, 2020, and October 30, 2021. Several streets will close over a long-term period, including sections of Dragoon Street, Military Street, Cavalry Street, Driggs Street, Harvey Street, Reeder Street and Hussar Street on July 17, 2020.
US Port of Entry (POE)
- Import of engineered fill and drainage material is ongoing
- Wick drain installation continues as part of phase two
US Bridge site
- Concrete pours work continues at the US Bridge site
- Rebar installation work continues at the US Bridge site
- Assembly of jump form system continues for the south tower
- Set up crane for Solvay Street pedestrian bridge abutment
- Finish paving Springwells Street intersection