Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times below may change
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www
Week of September 14, 2020
Michigan Interchange I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures on the following streets for construction activities:
- All lanes on the southbound Service Drive will close between Green Street and Govin Street, beginning Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The closure will be in place for approximately eight months to accommodate for excavation, freeway widening and ramp/embankment construction. Access to Springwells Street businesses and adjacent residential roadways will be available via Green Street to W. Lafayette Blvd and from Springwells Street southbound.
I-75 Service Drive - New
- The I-75 Service Drive will close between Waterman Street and Livernois Avenue from September 14 to September 18, 2020, between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed for bore hole activities
- Traffic on Fort Street, east of Glinnan Street and west of Springwells Street will be reduced to one lane each for westbound and eastbound traffic from July 13 until October 9, 2020.
Military Street - New
- Military Street will be closed daily between the southbound I-75 Service Drive and Lafayette Boulevard from September 21 to October 2, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily as needed.
- Southbound traffic from the Vernor Highway to Scotten Avenue will be closed with access to local traffic only, and no outlet, from July 30 until September 18, 2020
I-75 Southbound Service Drive - New
- The right lane of southbound I-75 Service Drive will be closed daily at Military Street from September 21 to October 2, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., as needed.
- The middle lane of southbound I-75 Service Drive between Dragoon Street and Livernois Avenue will be closed from August 26 to September 25, 2020, between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed.
West End Street
- West End Street will be closed between Fort Street and Melville Street, from July 13 until October 9, 2020. Local traffic and business traffic will have access to West End Street between Norfolk Southern Railroad to Melville Street.
- The southbound Springwells Court right shoulder between the railroad tracks and 300 feet east of the tracks will close between September 9 to October 2, 2020.
- The southbound Springwells Court right shoulder between the Aggregate Drive entrance and 300 feet north of the entrance will close between September 25 to October 30, 2020.
Long-Term I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange continues, Bridging North America will temporarily close several streets along the northbound I-75 Service Drive, including Livernois Avenue, Military Street and Cavalry Street, between July 17, 2020, and October 30, 2021. Several streets will close over a long-term period, including sections of Dragoon Street, Military Street, Cavalry Street, Driggs Street, Harvey Street, Reeder Street and Hussar Street on July 17, 2020.
US Port of Entry (POE)
- Crews are continuing wick drain installation with approximately 77,000 complete out of 105,000 wick drains
- Continue import of surcharge material from I-75 excavation activities
US Bridge site
- Tower crane foundation work complete, lighting and electrical panels being installed
- Mock-up US Tower footing pours