Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times below may change
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www
Week of June 29, 2020
Michigan Interchange I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures on the following streets for construction activities:
- All lanes on the southbound Service Drive will close between Green Street and Govin Street, beginning Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The closure will be in place for approximately eight months to accommodate for excavation, freeway widening and ramp/embankment construction. Access to Springwells Street businesses and adjacent residential roadways will be available via Green Street to W. Lafayette Blvd and from Springwells Street southbound.
- Mobile closures on I-75 northbound and southbound from Schaefer Avenue to Michigan Avenue beginning March 6 to August 31, 2020, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed. Closures will be less than one hour in duration during these time frames for performance of maintenance activities.
- The right lane of I-75 northbound will close between Clark Street and Springwells Street beginning May 11, 2020 and will remain closed until September 12, 2020.
I-75 Northbound Service Drive
- Northbound I-75 Service Drive will close between Waterman Street to Livernois Avenue from April 17 to August 20, from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- The left lane and middle lane on I-75 Service Drive northbound will close between Livernois Avenue to Dragoon Street from April 17 to August 20.
- The right lane of I-75 southbound will close between Clark Street and Springwells Street beginning May 13, 2020 and will remain closed until September 12, 2020.
- The on-ramp to I-75 southbound from Vernor Highway will be closed from May 11 until September 12, 2020.
- Pile driving activities at Clark Street northbound continue
West Jefferson Avenue
- Traffic will be reduced to one-way traffic on West Jefferson Avenue between Springwells Court and west of Waterman Street from July 6 to July 18, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily.
- Motorists on West Jefferson Avenue between Springwells Court and west of Waterman Street will be regulated by flaggers and traffic will be shuttled in one direction at a time, from July 6 to July 18, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily
US Port of Entry (POE)
- Crews are continuing wick drain installation with approximately 61,000 complete out of 105,000 wick drains
- Continue import of surcharge material from I-75 excavation activities
- Installation of wick drains is starting in main building north
US Bridge site
- Tower crane foundation work complete
- Design work continues
- Mock-up US Tower footing pours