Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times below may change
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www
Week of November 23, 2020
Michigan Interchange I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures on the following streets for construction activities:
- All lanes on the southbound Service Drive will close between Green Street and Govin Street, beginning Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The closure will be in place for approximately eight months to accommodate for excavation, freeway widening and ramp/embankment construction. Access to Springwells Street businesses and adjacent residential roadways will be available via Green Street to W. Lafayette Blvd and from Springwells Street southbound.
- Military Street will be closed between the southbound I-75 Service Drive and Lafayette Boulevard from November 19 – 25, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily as needed.
I-75 Service Drive
- The right lane of southbound I-75 Service Drive will be closed at Military Street from November 19 – 25, 2020, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily as needed.
- The northbound I-75 Service Drive will close between Waterman Street and Livernois Avenue from November 16 – 23, 2020, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily as needed.
- The right lane of northbound I-75 Service Drive will be closed at Campbell Street, from November 9 - 18, 2020, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily as needed.
- The right lane on northbound I-75 will close between Springwells Street and Clark Street. This closure has been extended to December 14, 2020.
- The right lane on southbound I-75 will closed between Clark Street and Springwells Street. This closure has been extended to December 14, 2020.
West End Street
- West End Street will be closed between Fort Street and Melville Street, from September 29, 2020 to December 1, 2020. Local traffic and business traffic will have access to West End Street between Norfolk Southern Railroad to Melville Street.
- Traffic on Fort Street, between the northbound I-75 Service Drive and Wheelock Street, will be reduced to one lane each for westbound and eastbound traffic from September 29, 2020 to December 11, 2020
- Springwells Court northbound and southbound will close west of the Lafarge entrance to east of the Springwells Court detour from November 23, 2020, until November 23, 2024.
I-75 Northbound and I-75 Southbound
- There will be temporary mobile closures on I-75 northbound and southbound from Schaefer Avenue to Michigan Avenue beginning October 16, 2020, until April 1, 2021, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed
Long-Term I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange continues, Bridging North America will temporarily close several streets along the northbound I-75 Service Drive, including Livernois Avenue, Military Street and Cavalry Street, between July 17, 2020, and October 30, 2021. Several streets will close over a long-term period, including sections of Dragoon Street, Military Street, Cavalry Street, Driggs Street, Harvey Street, Reeder Street and Hussar Street on July 17, 2020.
US Port of Entry (POE)
- Crews are continuing wick drain installation with approximately 83,700 complete out of 105,000 wick drains
- Continue import of surcharge material from I-75 excavation activities
US Bridge site
- Concrete pours work continues at the US Bridge site
- Rebar installation work continues at the US Bridge site