Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/WDBAbridge, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of April 29, 2019
- During the upcoming weeks, work onsite at the location of the US main span yower will begin with site preparation activities in advance of bringing onsite the heavy equipment necessary to install the deep foundations that will eventually support the entire main span. Once the site is prepared for this work, assembly of the heavy equipment will begin in advance of starting the work including work related to installing the deep foundations. This work is expected to last through the summer.
- Fencing work will start on May 13, 2019 to be ready to start clearing and grubbing work on May 20, 2019.
- Land preparation for the trailer offices site will start mid-April and will include grubbing, fencing and assembling the trailers.
- For the next several weeks, crews will be performing geotechnical drilling. Siphon construction work will commence at the end of May. Utilities relocation work by WDBA is ongoing.
- No specific survey work is scheduled at this time, however, contingent intermittent survey work may be required for various parcels throughout the entire project area for next week. No lane closures are anticipated.
- Building demolition work is currently planned to occur along Waterman St. between South St. and the railroad tracks, and along Livernois Ave. between Fort St. and South St. No lane closures are anticipated.
- Preliminary site investigation work is currently scheduled to occur along Post St. between W. Jefferson Ave. and South St. Seeding and mulching may be ongoing at various parcels throughout the footprint. This work is not anticipated to impact traffic.
- Miscellaneous utility work may be occurring on various streets within the footprint. Intermittent lane closures may be required. Tree cutting and miscellaneous debris removal may also be occurring throughout the footprint.
Road Closures & Detours
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures along Fisher Service Drive, I-75 Frontage Road., Junction Street and Clark Street for soil boring activities. The street closures are as follows:
- The left lane of westbound Fisher Service Drive between Lansing Street and Campbell Street will be closed from April 29, 2019, to May 3, 2019, Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The right lane of eastbound Fisher Service Drive at the intersection of Clark Avenue will be closed on April 29, 2019, and April 30, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The right lane of northbound Clark Avenue between Fort Street and Fisher Service Drive will be closed May 1, 2019, and May 2, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Permanent Road Closures
Starting on April 29, 2019, the following roads will be permanently closed between South Street and Jefferson Avenue to allow for construction of the US Port of Entry:
- Schroeder Street
- Waterman Street
- Rademacher Street
- Reid Street
- Crawford Street
- Livernois Avenue
- Holly Street
- Beulow Court