Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction activities. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency road detours and road closures may occur. Please watch for workers when travelling in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www.twitter.com/WDBAbridge, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GordieHoweBridge, and connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/wdba-apwd for updates on construction or call 1-844-322-1773.
Week of December 2, 2019
Construction Activites - What you need to know
MICHIGAN INTERCHANGE I-75
Road bridges at Springwells Street, Livernois Avenue and Clark Street are being demolished, demolitions of the three bridges will take place between approximately 11:00 p.m. on December 6, 2019 and approximately 5:00 a.m. on December 9, 2019.
- Local traffic can continue to exit northbound I-75 at Springwells Street and enter northbound I-75 at Clark Street. Southbound I-75 traffic can exit at Clark Street and enter southbound I-75 at Springwells Street.
- West Fisher Service Drives between Springwells Street and Clark Street, on both sides of the Interstate, will remain open through the December 6 weekend, when bridge demolition begins.
- Regional traffic traveling toward Detroit from Toledo, Ohio on I-75 will be directed to take I-275 north to I-96, then I-96 east in order to reconnect with northbound I-75.
- Traffic traveling to Toledo from Auburn Hills, Michigan on I-75 will be directed to take I-96 west to I-275, then I-275 south in order to reconnect with southbound I-75.
- Traffic exiting the toll plazas at the Ambassador Bridge and traveling to Toledo will be directed to take I-96 west to I-275 south in order to connect with southbound I-75.
- Recently completed installation of fourteen 2m drilled shafts on seawall. The US Bridge team continues constructing the new anchor wall elements needed to transfer the load from the existing anchor wall to the new 2m shaft anchor walls. Work on the US Main Bridge tower foundation shafts began and work on the side span pier foundations will begin shortly.
- Crews have begun wick drain installation with approx. 7,413 complete out of 105,000 wick drains. Start watermain loop project along north side of property Phase 2 US POE configuration remains. The perimeter of the site includes: Post St eastward to Dragoon St, and from Jefferson Ave northward to the Norfolk Southern Railroad tracks (NSR). Livernois Ave between South St to NSR and South St between Livernois Ave and Dragoon Street continues to remain open Access will be maintained to adjacent properties
Bridging North America will permanently implement closures on these roadways on August 22, 2019, at 7 a.m. for the construction of the US Port of Entry (POE) of the Gordie Howe International Bridge.
- Waterman Street northbound and southbound between South Street and Norfolk Southern Railway
- Rademacher Street northbound and southbound between South Street to Norfolk Southern Railway
- Reid Street northbound and south-bound between South Street to Hes-se Street
- Crawford Street northbound and southbound between South Street to Norfolk Southern Railway
- Livernois Avenue southbound be-tween South Street to Norfolk Southern Railway
- Hesse Street eastbound and west-bound between Rademacher Street to Reid Street
- South Street eastbound and west-bound between Post Street to Dragoon Street
Detour routes have been provided for access around the construction zone.