Construction Activities: United States
Dates and times
There are many ways to stay connected with us. We encourage open dialogue and will work to answer your questions. Follow the project on Twitter at www
Week of March 23, 2020
Activites - What you need to know
Michigan Interchange I-75 Closures
As construction of the Michigan Interchange begins, Bridging North America will temporarily implement partial closures on the following streets for construction activities:
- All lanes on the southbound Service Drive will close between Green Street and Govin Street, beginning Tuesday, February 11, 2020. The closure will be in place for approximately eight months to accommodate for excavation, freeway widening and ramp/embankment construction. Access to Springwells Street businesses and adjacent residential roadways will be available via Green Street to W. Lafayette Blvd and from Springwells Street southbound.
- Mobile closures on I-75 northbound and southbound from Schaefer Avenue to Michigan Avenue beginning March 6 to August 31, 2020, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as needed. Closures will be less than one hour in duration during these timeframes for performance of maintenance activities.
- The middle lane on southbound I-75 Service Drive will close between Clark Street exit ramp and Clark Street from March 9 – April 30, 2020, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The middle lane on southbound I-75 Service Drive will close between Dragoon Street and Livernois Avenue from March 9 – April 30, 2020, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
US Port of Entry (POE)
- Crews are continuing wick drain installation with approximately 31,0000 complete out of 105,000 wick drains Phase 2 US POE configuration remains. The perimeter of the site includes:
- Post St eastward to Dragoon St, and from Jefferson Ave northward to the Norfolk Southern Railroad tracks (NSR).
- Livernois Ave between South St to NSR and South St between Livernois Ave and Dragoon Street continues to remain open. Access will be maintained to adjacent properties.
US Bridge site
- The US Bridge team started installation of the 18 tower and the backspan 3m drilled shafts. Work plan development continues for construction tower footings in spring 2020
- Preparation for tower crane foundation work to begin in April